Remote Learning: This is work for students who are self-isolating. Do not complete if attending school as normal. It may be required for us to set Remote Learning tasks to all students in a year group. Your child should only complete this work if isolating for any of the reasons outlined below.
Homework: This is standard homework and should be completed by all students, whether isolating or not. Homework for all students will be labelled as Homework and should be completed by all students in the year group
Student Absence Scenarios
These are the expectations of students if they are remote learning.
Scenario 1: COVID-19 Individual isolating students
Our aim is to continue your child’s study of the curriculum in line with that of the students in school. In order to do this we will use a combination of presentations, online videos and independent practice using sites such as Hegarty Maths.
- If you haven’t already, download the Arbor app. Here you can view the homework set throughout the isolation period.
- Each morning visit Arbor and select the Homework tab. Here you will find lesson resources set by each subject area (please note that this may not be set by your child’s normal teacher).
- Completed work can be sent back to each teacher by uploading to Arbor.
- Each student has a Knowledge Organiser which contains the core knowledge and can be used to support the online lessons. Your child should continue to use the Knowledge Organiser to practice self-quizzing of the core knowledge.
Scenario 2: COVID-19 Year group isolation
In this situation, we will provide live lessons to the entire year group, using the Microsoft Teams platform.
- To gain easiest access to live lessons, download the Microsoft Teams app.
- Links to each live lesson will be available from Arbor and the school website.
- In each live lesson, two teachers will be available. Encourage your child to comment in the Q&A box so that the teacher can provide individual feedback.
- Daily revision of core information should be completed using Knowledge Organisers.
Scenario 3: COVID-19 Multiple year group isolation
In this situation, we will aim to provide live lessons for all years isolating as per the schedule. This provision will be dependent upon the number of year groups isolating and the availability of staff.
- We will communicate with you within 24 hours of the year group isolation to explain how remote learning will be delivered.
- Checking Arbor should be the first priority as a pupil and parent. This is where individual subjects will update the schedules for remote learning. This can be found in the Homework tab.