GCSE Results Day 2023
Smiles At The Lowry Academy As Students Receive Their GCSE Results
As GCSE qualifications are awarded across the country, students and staff at The Lowry Academy are celebrating a strong set of results.
In the first year to return to pre-pandemic exam arrangements, the Year 11s’ achievements this summer reflect the progress the school has made in recent years as part of United Learning.
Among the students celebrating today were those with a number of the top GCSE and Level 2 equivalent grades, including:
- Cody, who achieved four 9s, four 8s and a 6;
- Derin, who achieved three 9s, four 8s and two 7s;
- Oyoon, who achieved two 9s, three 8s, three 7s and one 5;
- Madeleine, who achieved a Distinction as well as three 9s, one 8, two 7s, one 6 and one 5;
- Milena, who achieved two 9s, three 8s, one 7 and three 6s;
- Ilaf, who achieved one 9, one 8, four 7s, two 5s and one 4;
- Harrison, who achieved one 9, two 8s, two 7s and two 6s, as well as a Distinction* and a Merit.
Commenting on students’ achievements today, Claire Coy, Principal at The Lowry Academy, said:
“We are very proud of our students celebrating their GCSE results today. This cohort deserves particular recognition for their hard work and determination – sitting your first external examinations of secondary school is always a significant milestone, but even more so after the challenges of the pandemic. These students can now take their next steps with confidence knowing that their efforts have resulted in some very strong qualifications."
“As always, I would like to thank staff for the role they play in these outcomes. They have been brilliant not just in the culture they set for students’ academic progress, but also in providing a rich, well-rounded education that ensures our students leave us with successful skills for the future.”